Your mental health matters
Taking 5 seconds to answer three simple questions about your health may help you identify a connection between your physical health symptoms and your mental health?
- Do you have long periods of feeling worried, tired, angry, sad or worthless?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or work?
- Do you have trouble sleeping or want to sleep all the time?
Step 1 - Getting real
Getting help for our physical and mental health needs is vitally important to our overall wellbeing, but sometimes we might not know the steps we need to take to get help.
Start here. Getting real with ourselves about our symptoms, issues and conditions is a step in the right direction to better health. The second step can be as simple as making a call.
Step 2 – Making the call
Who do I call? What do I do? Below we’ve answered those questions. Simply call the number below and the assistant will help you the rest of the way.
HealthSelect plan participants:
- Call Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) toll-free at (800) 252-8039, Monday–Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. CT.
- You can also call a counselor 24/7 toll-free at (800) 442-4093 anytime.
- If you prefer a virtual visit, you can talk with a licensed mental health professional any day of the week online with a mental health virtual visit. This is similar to visiting a mental health provider in their office, but the session will take place online. These appointments are conduct by video conference and must be scheduled in advance. On average, mental health virtual visit appointments are available within five to seven days.
- Your primary care provider (PCP) is also a good place to start. Your PCP may help you find mental health support nearby, recommend a mental health provider or prescribe medicine. Remember, you never need a referral for mental health counseling and you pay less when you see in-network providers.