Sign up for electronic explanations of benefits (EOBs) in honor of Earth Day
There are many ways we can help protect our planet. We can guard against wasting water. We can maintain our cars to reduce emissions. And, we can get our health plan’s explanations of benefit (EOB) forms sent to us electronically, rather than get paper versions in the mail. In addition to reducing the administrative and postal costs for the health plans, going paperless helps reduce the clutter in our lives, which can lead to better peace of mind.
If you’re in HealthSelect of Texas, HealthSelect Out-of-State or Consumer Directed HealthSelect, you get an EOB from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) every time they process a claim. Did you know BCBSTX can provide these documents electronically in your Blue Access for MembersSM online portal?
When you choose to go paperless, you’ll get notifications via email or SMS (whichever you prefer) letting you know when claims have been processed and will no longer receive EOBs in the mail.
You can go paperless through Blue Access for Members or your BCBSTX mobile app by taking the following steps:
Blue Access for Members
- If you already have a Blue Access for Members account, click on "Log In" in the upper right-hand corner of the HealthSelect website.
- To create an account, click “Register Now” and use your medical ID card to create an account.
- Click on “Settings.
- Select “Preferences” from the drop down menu.
- Choose to “Go Paperless.
- Provide or update contact information and language preference.
- Select the type of notifications you want and whether you want to receive alerts or reminders.
- Log in to your BCBSTX mobile app.
- Press “More” in the bottom right corner,
- Select “Settings.”
- Choose “Account Preferences.”
- Select the toggle to “Go Paperless.”
- Scroll down and click “Save Preferences.”
This article was featured in the ERS News About Your Benefits Newsletter.