Agreement Reached with CommonSpirit Health Facilities
Good news! Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) and CommonSpirit Health have reached an agreement on a new contract. This means that CommonSpirit facilities in the Houston and East Texas region are still in your network. Thank you for your patience as we worked on this issue. Our goal is to provide access to cost-effective, quality health care throughout Texas.
CommonSpirit owns the following 15 hospitals throughout Houston and East Texas:
If you have an approved authorization at a CommonSpirit Health facility for services scheduled after December 16, 2020, or need additional information, call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 (TTY:711) Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. CT. A Personal Health Assistant can help:
- determine if a facility is part of the CommonSpirit Health group,
- check the status of your prior authorization,
- work with you and your provider find a facility in your network and
- assist with any questions or concerns you have.
To find in-network doctors or hospitals:
- Find a provider in the HealthSelect network or
- Call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039.
Check back on this website or call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant for updates.