BCBSTX Personal Health Assistants
Help is just a phone call away
Do you want to make the most of your HealthSelect of Texas® plan benefits? A Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) Personal Health Assistant can help you every step of the way.
BCBSTX Personal Health Assistants are trained to help you and your covered family members make the best use of your health insurance benefits – and save you money. They can:
- answer your questions about your plan’s benefits and coverage,
- tell you if a doctor, hospital or other provider is in the HealthSelect network,
- estimate the cost of health care services or procedures before you go to the doctor or hospital,
- tell you if you need a referral or prior authorization to see a health care provider or to schedule a service,
- check the status of your referrals and prior authorizations,
- make appointments for you,
- connect you with a nurse who can help you if you have received a diagnosis or if you are managing a medical condition and
- give you information about programs and tools available under your health plan, including disease management, wellness and weight loss programs, and useful web and mobile tools.
How can I talk to a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant?
BCBSTX Personal Health Assistants are available by phone Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m. CT, and Saturday 7 a. m.-3 p.m. CT. Call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 (TTY: 711).
Find out how a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant can help you in various situations by watching the videos below:
Selecting a Primary Care Provider
Participant communications and information from BCBSTX Personal Health Assistants are not meant to replace the advice of health care professionals. Participants are encouraged to seek the advice of their doctors to discuss their health care needs. Decisions regarding course and place of treatment remain with the participant and his or her health care providers.
BCBSTX Personal Health Assistants offer cost estimates for various in-network providers, facilities and procedures. Lower pricing and cost savings are dependent on the provider or facility of your choosing. Cost estimates are just an estimate. In addition to your applicable deductibles, copayments and/or coinsurance, the actual cost of the services may vary based on a number of factors including the date of service, the actual procedure performed and what services were billed by the provider and your benefit plan. Coverage is subject to the limitations, exclusions and terms of your plan.