COVID-19 and Your HealthSelect Plan
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) is working with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus). BCBSTX stands ready to help doctors, hospitals and public health organizations in serving HealthSelect participants in understanding, preventing and potentially treating people who have been affected by the virus.
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccine and its availability, see the COVID-19 Vaccine Resources section below.
We're Here For You
We understand you may be dealing with financial and emotional stress due to COVID-19 related issues. BCBSTX and ERS are working to make things easier by providing additional support and benefits coverage for HealthSelect participants and providers during this time.
This COVID-19 FAQ document (updated on March 1, 2021) outlines the most recent changes to your health plan as well as options for care for you and your covered family members, including vaccine coverage.
For more specific benefit-related questions, please contact a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant for more information.
- All HealthSelect participants have access to medical and mental health virtual visits through Doctor on Demand and MDLIVE. Non-COVID related services through Doctor on Demand and MDLIVE continue to be covered at no cost to you through March 31, 2021. Beginning April 1, you will again have to pay any copays or deductibles that your health plan requires. Only COVID related services will be covered at no cost to you throughout the public health emergency.
- Your primary care provider (PCP) or specialist may be able to provide services via telemedicine/telehealth platforms. Non-COVID related telehealth services will be covered at no cost to you through March 31, 2021. Beginning April 1, you will again have to pay any copays or deductibles that your health plan requires. COVID related telehealth services will be covered at no cost to you throughout the public health emergency. Contact your provider(s) to ask if this service is available.
- If you have questions about your prior authorization or referral, see the FAQ document at the link above.
- Download the COVID-19 flier for general information.
- Download the COVID-19 vaccine flier for vaccine-related information.
- Watch a recording of Doctor on Demand's educational presentation on COVID-19.
- Use Provider Finder® to find health care providers in your area.
- Learn more about your Mental Health Benefits.
- Learn more about your Prescription Drug Program .
- Visit HealthSelect MedicareRx for information about the HealthSelect Medicare Prescription Drug Program.
|General COVID-19 Resources:
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ
- Texas COVID-19 Vaccine availability
If you have any questions about your benefits you can speak with a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant:
How to avoid extra COVID-19 testing charges (Texas Department of Insurance)
Watch the following BCBSTX educational videos to learn about COVID-19 related best health practices.
Flatterning the Curve