COVID-19 and Your HealthSelect Plan
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) is working with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus). BCBSTX stands ready to help doctors, hospitals and public health organizations in serving HealthSelect participants in understanding, preventing and potentially treating people who have been affected by the virus.
We're Here For You
We understand you may be dealing with financial and emotional stress due to COVID-19 related issues. BCBSTX and ERS are working to make things easier by providing additional support and benefits coverage for HealthSelect participants and providers during this time.
This COVID-19 FAQ document (updated on July 2, 2020) outlines the most recent changes to your health plan as well as options for care for you and your covered family members.
For more specific benefit-related questions, please contact a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant for more information.
- All HealthSelect participants have access to medical and mental health virtual visits through Doctor on Demand and MDLIVE. These visits are covered at no cost to you at this time.
- Your primary care provider (PCP) or specialist may be able to provide services via telemedicine/telehealth platforms. At this time, in-network telemedicine services are covered at no cost to you for covered services. Contact your provider(s) to ask if this service is available.
- Are you concerned you or your covered dependents may have been exposed to coronavirus or are experiencing symptoms? Request a consultation with a Catapult Nurse Practitioner for advice on what to do next. Enter the password “support” to access the portal.
- If you have questions about your prior authorization or referral, see the FAQ document at the link above.
- Download the COVID-19 flier for general information.
- Watch a recording of Doctor on Demand's educational presentation on COVID-19.
- Use Provider Finder® to find health care providers in your area.
- Learn more about your Mental Health Benefits.
- Learn more about your Prescription Drug Program .
- Visit HealthSelect MedicareRx for information about the HealthSelect Medicare Prescription Drug Program.
|Texas and National COVID-19 Resources:
If you have any questions about your benefits you can speak with a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant:
Watch the following BCBSTX educational videos to learn about COVID-19 related best health practices.
Flatterning the Curve