Coverage and benefits
Your HealthSelect benefits provide coverage for pregnancy and maternity care including:
- maternity-related medical services for prenatal care and postnatal care,
- delivery services provided by the delivering physician,
- laboratory tests,
- stress tests,
- amniocentesis (sampling of amniotic fluid),
- expenses for the hospital inpatient stay, including assistant surgeon or anesthesiologist fees, if required, and
- lactation support and counseling sessions in conjunction with childbirth including breast pumps, accessories and supplies.
For complete details on coverage and benefits, please reference your plan’s Master Benefits Plan Document found on the Publications and Forms page.
BCBSTX Personal Health Assistants are available
Call a BCBSTX Personal Health
(800) 252-8039 (TTY:711)
Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and
Saturday 7 a.m.-3 p.m. CT.
You can also communicate via secure chat and secure messaging
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.,
after logging into Blue Access for Members