Top five reasons to use the BCBSTX App
Between work, commuting, preparing meals, getting in some physical activity and family commitments, it’s easy to overlook your health. The Blue Access for MembersSM participant portal is a great way to keep track of your HealthSelectSM medical plan benefits.
Even better, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) offers the BCBSTX App, which lets you access your Blue Access for Members account from your mobile device.
Here are the top five reasons you should download the BCBSTX App today.
- It’s super easy to download and use. Just text BCBSTXAPP to 33633 to get a link to download the app or visit the app store for your mobile device.
- Use it to find health care providers, wherever you are. If you’re out and about and need to find a provider, you can use the BCBSTX App to find in-network doctors, specialists and facilities near you.
- Find out how your plan covers specific services and get cost estimates. The BCBSTX App shows your medical plan coverage details, including copays, coinsurance and how much you’ve spent toward your deductible and out-of-pocket maximums. You can also get an estimate of the cost for a specific procedure from different providers. (Learn these insurance terms.)
- See how your claims were paid. With the BCBSTX App, you can see how a claim was paid. You’ll see how much your provider charged, discounts negotiated by your plan, what the plan paid and how much might be your responsibility (an amount you may have already paid).
- Access your digital medical ID card. Whether you forget to carry your medical ID card or prefer not to, with the BCBSTX App you can keep a digital medical ID card on your phone – and keep your wallet thinner.
If you have questions about Blue Access for Members or the BCBSTX App, call a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday, 7 a. m. – 3 p.m. CT.