Knowledge is power! Complete your Health Assessment today
Before you set health goals, it’s important to know where you’re starting from. Your annual checkup with your primary care provider (PCP) is a great first step. Next, completing your online Health Assessment can provide you with a comprehensive snapshot of your current health and a plan to move forward.
The Well onTarget® Health Assessment is an interactive set of questions for HealthSelectSM medical plan participants that analyzes your current health status. After completing the 15-minute questionnaire, you get a customized plan to make healthier choices and keep your health on the right track.
The Health Assessment asks questions about your blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, current physical and mental health condition, diet, lifestyle, sleep habits and more. (Hint: You can get this biometric information from your annual checkup with your PCP. It’s a good idea to have those numbers at hand when you start your Health Assessment.) The information you provide generates a wellness score of your overall health and tips on how to achieve your health goals.
What’s in it for me?
It’s been said that knowledge is power. Your Health Assessment gives you the knowledge, and power, to make informed decisions about your health and lifestyle choices. When you complete your assessment, you:
- Get immediate feedback. You’ll get a Personal Wellness Report, which provides an overall assessment of your current health, including how your health compares to others in your age group. Your report is private and will not be shared with your employer or your health plan.
- Learn how to lower your health risks. Your report will identify what you are already doing well and where there are opportunities for improvement. It provides action steps to help you make positive lifestyle changes, lower your health risks and improve your health.
- It can help you become a better you. Understanding your health risks helps you take charge of your health. It can help give you the motivation to make lifestyle changes that can improve your health for the long term.
Let’s get started!
Visit the Health Assessment page on the HealthSelect website for more information and to learn how you can earn 2,500 Blue PointsSM for completing your Health Assessment. You can redeem Blue Points for a variety of items including fitness gear, wearables, electronics and housewares.
When you’re ready to complete your Health Assessment, take the following steps to access Well onTarget and the Health Assessment through Blue Access for MembersSM.
- Go to www.healthselectoftexas.com.
- Click on “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner.
- If you already have a Blue Access for Members account, log in. If you do not have an account yet, click “Register Now” and use the information on your medical ID card to create an account.
- Once you are logged into Blue Access for Members, you can click the “Wellness” tab at the top of the screen and then click “Visit Well onTarget.”
- If you’ve already registered for Well onTarget, you’ll be signed in automatically. If this is your first visit to Well onTarget, answer the questions to create your account.
If you have any questions about the Well onTarget Health Assessment or your benefits, call a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Personal Health Assistant toll free at (800) 252-8039 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. CT.